Mary J. Blige Thought She Looked Like A Camel






    Mary J. Blige used to think she was ugly.

    In a new interview with an Australian newspaper, the Family Affair hitmaker admits she was insecure about the way she looked.

    Blige also claimed she suffered physical beatings from former boyfriend, singer K-Ci Hailey.

    I used to think I was ugly,” she said. I thought I looked like a camel. A person who doesn’t love themselves, they will see anything that pops up on their face. I’ve seen squirrels, I’ve seen a bird, I’ve seen all kinds of animals on my face. But that is the result of self-hate. I’ve learned to say: ‘You know what? I am a beautiful black woman’.

    I beat alcohol dependence and drug addiction. A lot happened to me during my childhood. As I got older, these things resurfaced. In order to deal with it and in order to cope without it hurting so bad, I drowned it in alcohol and drugs. It lessened the pain for that moment. I started at 16 years old. By the time I got into the music business, it was bigger than me.

    I overcame an abusive relationship by learning to love myself.

    tag.Source URL: https://kmhighlights.blogspot.com/2010/11/mary-j-blige-thought-she-looked-like.html
    Visit Kate Middleton Hair Highlights for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive